Tuesday, January 8, 2013

City Beach

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My mom, Sydney and Dagan
Dagan boogie boarding
Sydney boogie boarding
We went to the beach this morning.  We wanted to get out of the apartment before the temperature got really high.  My mom, the kids and I went to the beach. It was overcast, so we spent a few hours there.   Both kids used their boogie boards.  I tried it out, too.   It is rather fun.


Mom and I relaxing in our beach chairs.


Playing in the waves
Mom looking for shells







Doesn't he make a good mermaid?

Both kids practicing on their boards
I am boogie boarding with Dagan.
We came home for lunch and decided to say indoors for the rest of the afternoon due to the heat.  Sydney and Dagan watched a movie with my dad.  My mom and I tried to sit outside on the balcony a few times, but it felt like a heater was blowing warm air on you.  It ended up being a high of 106 today.  It was a "cooker" in Adam's words.  This evening while we were watching the news we learned there were the most fires in Australia history burning today due to the heat and the highest temperatures across the continent on record.  It is a little scary.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how hot it was down there. We heard about the fires on the news here in the states! The boogie boards look so cool! I don't know that Dagan should think about becoming a mermaid...maybe a merman...is that what they are called???? Better yet, we like him just as Dagan the boy!

    ReplyDelete